Saturday, 21 November 2015

Tagged: 25 Bookish Facts About Me

I've been tagged! I've been tagged! I've been tagged!

(Do you need a minute or...)

No, I'm good.

The 25 Bookish Facts About Me tag originated at Confessions of a Book Geek
  
1. I don't like dystopia...actually, no, that's not strong enough. I hate, despise and downright detest dystopia. I would like to fling all dystopia books into the sun.

2. Also, the majority of vampire books.

(How do you plan on doing that? They'll disintegrate long before you throw them in.)

...Not all of them will.

Got to be honest, when I was told they were "sparkly vampires," I was expecting THIS. Source
 (...I see your point. Hurling them into the centre of the sun it is.)

3. My childhood was built on Harry Potter, Jane Blonde and How To Train Your Dragon.

4. I'm a Hufflepuff.

(Sure you are. Ambitious. All about self-preservation. That's totally Hufflepuff.)

Given that my mind spawned you, I'm inclined to agree. But I always come out as Hufflepuff on sorting hat quizzes.

5. I like sarcasm. Gratuitous amounts of sarcasm. If there was a book that was just two nameless people sat in a void snarking at each other, I would probably give it five stars.

6. I love mythology.

7. If it's the traditional hero vs the anti-hero, the anti-hero wins every time.

8. I read a LOT of manga. 

(She may have mentioned this once or twice before.)

9. My favourite writers include Rick Riordan and Maggie Stiefvater.

10. I have to write to music. I have to read in silence.

11. I can count the number of course-related books I've ever read and enjoyed before I'd analysed them on one hand. 

12. I don't mind violence or swearing, but I don't like my fictional romances to go beyond kissing, thank you very much.

13. I must own over a hundred bookmarks...and yet I still mark my page by folding the corners over.

14. I love finding obscure little bookshops - they're full of hidden gems.

15. When other people are complaining that an author is "milking" a series, or won't move on, I'm the person jumping up and down on her bed because IT'S NOT OVER YET!

16. Speaking of which, I have my fingers crossed for a PJO spin-off following Nico, Will, Lou Ellen and Cecil on a quest. I don't even care if it's a stand-alone - I loved the dynamics between those four

17. That said, The Hidden Oracle is on my Need-Like-I-Need-Oxygen list. Also, The Raven King, Half Lost and See How They Run.   

18. I'm very much a series girl.

19. I loved the City of Bones film. I DNFed the book. That said, I felt that Alec and Isabelle were far more likeable in the book. The film didn't reveal whether Alec lived or died (though I vaguely remember Magnus turning up) and I can be quoted as saying I hoped he died as my friend and I walked out the cinema. 

(See? Totally a Slytherin.)

That is so fifteen points ago. The point is that, after I'd read (half of) the book, I totally changed my tune. Alec went from being my least favourite character to my favourite.  

20. In a similar vein, I'm not particuarly fond of the Hunger Games books. The films though? The films I like.

21. Whilst waiting for my exam results, I started this list on Goodreads. It made me feel better for some reason.

22. Sam and Cole have my favourite fictional friendship. 

23. Closely followed by Nico and Reyna.

24. I like books that can make me laugh, (almost) cry, punch the air, have nightmares, and melt into a puddle at their adorableness all at once.

25. I aim to be an author one day. 

Thanks to Cait at Paper Fury for tagging me!
I don't actually have anyone to tag...but feel free to steal it if you want it. 
Leave me some bookish facts about you in the comments.