Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Ten Quotes for Tuesday

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
Today we're linking up with the Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. The theme this week is quotes, which presented me with a bit of a dilemma - namely, how do you expect me to choose just ten? 

I love quotes. 

(I know. You spent hours making that quote board for your characters when you should've been typing up your story.)

To ask me to choose a top ten would be cruel, to me and to the quotes.

(...)

So, in no particular order, here are ten random quotes that I love.

"Clutter is my natural habitat." - Maggie Stiefvater, The Scorpio Races

"I wonder how long it'll take for me to feel as adult inside as I look outside." - Maggie Stiefvater, The Scorpio Races 

"The future was getting here faster than I'd expected." - Maggie Stiefvater, Forever
And now for some non-Stiefvater related quoting.

 "The Story so far: In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the one that need help?" - Mark Twain
 “Something coming back from the dead was almost always bad news. Movies taught me that. For every one Jesus you get a million zombies.”- David Wong, John Dies at the End
 "'Don't punish yourself,' she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing." - Marcus Zusak, The Book Thief
"A library in the community is across between an emergency exit, a life-raft and a festival. They are cathedrals of the mind; hospitals of the soul; theme parks of the imagination." - Caitlin Moran
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
 Leave your favourite book-related quotes in the comments!