Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Five Reasons I Wish I Had A Time Machine

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
It's that time of the week again. 

Top Ten Tuesday is run by The Broke and the Bookish

(This week's prompt is supposed to be 2016 Debut Novels...)

...But Ivy and I are going to take a few liberties. 

(They're not liberties. 
Prompt: to inspire.
Not to order.) 

...I think she's done so, without further ado, here are the top five reasons why I wish I could hop into the Tardis (with either Matt Smith or David Tennant). And yes, they're all books.

(Specifically 2016 books.)

I'm sure that you guys have much more exciting plans for all-powerful time machines. 

1. See How They Run By Ally Carter

(Doesn't this come out in December 2015?)

Only if you live in the US.
All Fall Down was my first five star read of 2015 and I am dying to get my hands on the sequel. I need to know what Grace found out (and what she'll do with it).  


Everyone else: Please don't kill Gansey. 
Me: Why does everyone like Gansey so much?

Don't get me wrong - I like all of the Raven Boys. I just happen to like Gansey the least. At first, I seriously doubted he'd die for real (remember Cole?) but, after Blue Lily, Lily Blue, I'm not so sure. Either way, it promises to be an epic finale to an amazing series. 

3. Half Lost by Sally Green  

Have I mentioned how much I love Nathan's narration? It's second only to Percy Jackson's. 
This book should go down in history as having the first love triangle where EVERYONE wanted the same couple. Of course, said love triangle has been totally overshadowed by a cliff-hanger crueller than the one at the end of Mark of Athena. That takes some doing.

4. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

I was hoping that his next book would be about Nico, Will, Lou Ellen and Cecil...
BUT THIS IS BETTER!  
Apollo is my second favourite God (he loses out to his sister). An entire series around him? Yes please!

(You think he'll have to hide his Godliness?)

...That makes it sound like some sort of disease. It's a good question. I mean, Dionysus didn't, but he wasn't an immortal teenager seeking shelter. 
Wonder if he'll pose as a child of Apollo?

(Almost guaranteed.)

5. The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury

I'm excited for this, even more so since I found out that this is not about Twylla. 
It's about the consequences of the Queen's actions. 
The Sin-Eater's daughter built a world. Now let's see it breathe.  

Which books do you need like you need oxygen right now? And what would you do if you had access to an all-powerful time machine? 

  Please leave your thoughts, theories, moans and groans in the comments.