Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Nine 2015 Releases I Failed to Get To

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

I suck at reading recent books. I really do. Usually, the only books I read the year they're released are either part of a series, or written by one of my favourite authors.They're also (shamefully) the only ones I really take an interest in. Hence how I've only managed to find nine.

(I think I can count the number of times we've had a list of ten on Top TEN Tuesday on one hand.)

Ivy, we can count ALL the Top Ten Tuesday's we've ever done on one hand.

(See? My point is valid.)

...I'm not having this argument. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


(Objection! You've been reading this one for months!)

Yeah. Reading. I still have Heracles and Jason to slog through - the two biggest chapters of the book. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent book and it's great to be reading from Percy's POV again, but Frigga is it thick.

2. Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

I finished this one in January, but it still counts. The review'll be up tomorrow, so I won't say anything here.


Depending on where you look, this one either came out right at the end of last year, or this year, but I'm putting it here anyway because I was so desperate to get my hands on it. I'm sure a glowing review will be put up at some point but, until then, be content to know that I bought it and didn't put it down until I'd finished it. 

In two books time, I'll have read all 72 volumes of what was possibly the first manga series my brother and I read from the beginning, rather than just reading the odd volumes we could find at the library (I'm looking at you, Yu-Gi-Oh!).




I only read Seraphina last year, and I was thrilled to hear about the sequel...which I promptly failed to get my hands on. This is a mistake that MUST be rectified, and sooner rather than later. I love Seraphina's voice and, even if I didn't, there are dragons, Abdo and Lars.

Three words - childhood friend romance. 


And the two that come before it. This was one of my favourite series as a kid, and it seems a shame to let it go unfinished.
Also, Camicazi is a MUCH better heroine than Astrid. Just saying.


I just had a minor panic because I thought I might've marked this as to-read at the start of 2014, and that really would've been bad. I had every intention of reading it last year in January, and I still do...it's just a question of when...

I think it was the cover that caught my eye originally, but the main character's called Echo, and she's a pickpocket, so this just moved up my list.





Link me to your Top Ten Tuesday posts. Oh, and, if you spotted the Norse mythology reference, help yourself to a gingerbread angel!