Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR



http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today, the topic is ten books you recently added to your TBR. Like most readers, my TBR is slightly out of control...


(Just slightly.)

But, hey, look on the bright side. We can finally do a Top Ten Tuesday post that actually involves a Top Ten.

(What do you want? A medal? A national holiday?)

1. Daylight Saving by Edward Hogan

This one takes first place purely because I already own a physical copy of it. I picked it up the same time I bought See How They Run, because Waterstones were offering buy one get one half price. I was struggling to decide between All The Bright Places and The Sky is Everywhere when I spotted this one. It was short and it sounded good, so I took a third option. 



For anyone who doesn't know, this is the light novel that inspired the swimming anime Free! Iwatobi Swim Club! I'm not usually a sports person in books or anime or anything really, but I swam in a swimming club for six years so it has a nostalgic appeal.

(Of course, it hasn't been released in English yet.)

It will be! Hopefully...

 This is another light novel. It's set in a dungeon-crawling-type world, a la Dragon Quest. Most dungeon-crawlers want fame or riches. Bell just wants to play the hero to a damsel in distress...unfortunately, he's a bit of a damsel in distress himself...


Caitlin is a good, Catholic girl.
Caitlin is also currently sitting in a jail cell with a pierced nose and a tattoo she doesn't remember getting.

It sounds hilarious. That is all.



I caught roughly the last half hour of the film at Christmas and, whilst it made no sense to me, I still want to read this for no other reason than because it sounds like the Swedish version of Annie.

There are three reasons I want to read this: one, dragons, two, it's set in China and, three, dragons. 


I had to read the sequel, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, for my course last term. As soon as I put it down, I swore I would never so much as look at another Mark Twain book again.

And then I wrote an essay on it.

Suffice to say, I now want to read Tom Sawyer.


 Also known as the book Love, Rosie was based on. It's a childhood friend romance, and I love a good childhood friend romance, so this one went straight onto my list as soon as I could remember the title.


My university was giving out free copies, so I picked one up. The blurb is giving me some serious Woman In Black vibes.


Partly because my dad watched the films whilst I was in the room, and partly because it's considered the grandaddy of all fantasy ever. 

(...That's a lot of variation for you.)

Y-Yeah... *Checks arms and legs*

(What are you - FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! VARIETY IS GOOD FOR YOU! IT'S NOT GOING TO BRING YOU OUT IN A RASH!)

What was the last book you added to your TBR? Link me to your TTT posts!