Tuesday, 9 August 2016

Ten Books That Broke My Heart (but Only a Little)

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
 
Today, we're linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. This week you could pick any topic you wanted from their extensive back catalogue, so I've gone with 'Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart a Little.' If you're prone to tears, you might want to get your tissues ready.

1. Half Lost by Sally Green

The closest a book has ever brought me to tears. It's hard to say why without giving away some humongous spoilers, but it's all downhill from the climax.

My review can be found here.


2. Heart Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne

 (This has gone from one of your least talked about favourites, to one of your most talked about.)

Why do I feel like you're telling me to apologise?

My review can be found here.

3. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Poor Sam.

 4. Unmarked by Kami Garcia

The sequel to Unbreakable sees everything get much darker, as the love triangle is shelved in favour of testing the bonds of The Legion.

Warning. This book will make you feel sorry for Jared.

My review can be found here.

5. The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris

Loki will make you laugh, see his side, and feel unbelievably sorry for him. 


6. See How They Run by Ally Carter

What did Alexei ever do to deserve this? On the bright side, this book made me like him. Maybe not as the love interest, but liking him as a character is what counts, right?

(You keep telling yourself that.)


7. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Like all heart-wrenching stories, it's about a girl, a boy, and a flesh-eating water horse.

Wait. 


8. The Masked City by Genevieve Cogman

KAI! NO! WHY?!?

...I mean, besides plot.

9. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

It's about twins torn apart by sibling rivalry, broken dreams, and struggling to define who you are. 

  

10. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

 The most painful book on this list because it's quite feasible that different elements of this story have played out a thousand times in a thousand homes.




Have you read any of these? Are you going to? Don't forget to link me to your Top Ten Tuesday posts!