Sunday, 4 December 2016

Goodbye Guy Fawkes, Hello Santa (Sunday Post #7)

https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/the-sunday-post-meme

Today, we're looking back over November. Since it's Sunday, we're linking up with Kimberly @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer for the Sunday Post meme.

November in a Nutshell

I suppose we should start with NaNo. 



I did a hasty victory post the other day, but I didn't go into masses of detail. 

In the end, I didn't write the first draft of a novel. Instead, I wrote several extracts, and a lot of character developing short stories. Honestly? I'm not disappointed. With the way writing has been going this year, I'm just happy that Ivy shut up and allowed me to write 50,000 words.

I did most of my writing to the Hamilton soundtrack. I'd seen it mentioned once or twice around the Blogosphere, but I ended up listening to it by accident when I left Youtube on 'play next video' without realising. It's brilliant to write to because it's so fast. It also talks about writing a lot, so it's brilliantly topical, like writing to Natasha Bedingfield's Unwritten.

On the reading front, I read five books.

The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
Ways of Sunlight by Sam Selvon (Whenever you see a Selvon book on your reading list, it's a sign that you have been blessed by the Gods.)  
The Dragon Can't Dance by Earl Lovelace
The Lottery by Shirley Jackson - 5 stars (An incredible short story that will have you on the edge of your seat as the suspense builds and builds...)
Season of Migration to the North by Tayeb Salih - 4 stars 

Goodreads Challenge Update

At the beginning of the year, I set my Goodreads challenge at 100 books. As of current, I have read 96 so I'm confident that I'll have hit 100 by the end of the year, if not before I head home for the Christmas holidays.

How was your November? Did you take part in NaNo? Are you on track to complete your Goodreads Challenge? Tell all in the comments.
  
Goodreads | Bloglovin'