Tuesday, 27 December 2016

The Best Books I've Read in 2016

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

We're linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for the final Top Ten Tuesday of the year!

In 2016, I've read over 100 books. Here are the stand-out stars! To save space, I'm counting series as one entry.

1. The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman

Which part of dimension-hopping librarian who rescues books with the help of her (SPOILER!) sidekick does not sound like the greatest thing you will ever read?

My review for The Invisible Library is here.
My review for The Masked City is here.


2. Half Lost by Sally Green

This book broke my heart. I suggest you go and read it so that we can be broken-hearted little bookworms together.

My review for Half Lost is here

3. See How They Run by Ally Carter
It ended on a cliffhanger, as all my favourite books do. I can't wait for the sequel to come out in January!

My review for See How They Run is here.


4. Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

Creepy dolls, dead girls, and traumatised children. Welcome to the Isle of Skye.

My review for Frozen Charlotte is here

5. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

We'll never know what actually happened, and that might actually be a good thing...

My review for The Dead House is here.

6. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne, and J.K. Rowling

Yes, some people actually enjoyed this. Case in point, hi! *Waves*
My review for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is here.

7. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

 An absolutely killer short story with a twist.


I have never met a Riordan book I didn't like.

My review for Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer can be found here.

9. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

Maggie Stiefvater's writing was as beautiful as ever in the conclusion to The Raven Cycle.

I discussed The Raven King here. 

10. The School Judgement series by Nobuaki Enoki and Takeshi Obata

A four volume manga reminiscient of the Ace Attorney video games... 

https://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-video-games-videogame-w6MNHOoLEzBVm

...Or would be if the Ace Attorney video games had been set in an elementary school.

What were the best books you read this year? Don't forget to link me to your TTT posts!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love Half Lost! I fell in love at Half Bad - it's still one of those books with scenes that feel so vivid it's like I watched a movie. And omg The Raven King looks super interesting, I wouldn't mind checking it out c:

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half Bad was brilliant! I loved Nathan's narration. :)

      Delete