Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Ten Books I Read in a Day

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html
Behold, my Read-in-a-Day Goodreads shelf. This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic was an absolute snap for me, because I already had all my answers tucked away on my virtual bookshelf.

1. All Fall Down and See How They Run by Ally Carter

I read the first two Embassy Row books in an afternoon, and I hope to continue the tradition with the third. 

2. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill

The suspense in this novel is brilliant. Putting it down would ruin it.


3. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

It was read it in a night or wait until term ended. 

Sleep is for the weak anyway.

4. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

...It was a long car journey.

5. The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris

(No surprises here.)

If you've been hanging around this blog for more than a couple of weeks, you'll know that this is one of my favourite books. Joanne Harris writes the best Loki.

(Fight us, Marvel fans!)

Please don't fight us, Marvel fans, for you are many and we are two.

6. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

I will fight anyone who says that The Lost Hero wasn't any good. I loved it, and spent the next year desperately waiting for book two.

7. Hamlet by William Shakespeare

Pro tip: Do not read Hamlet in a night. Just don't.
 
It's three hours long (which I wasn't told until just after I'd finished reading it) and the regret might just kill you.

8. John Dies at the End by David Wong

This book. This book.
...I cannot explain this book.

9. Heart Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne

I picked it off the shelves and sat down in the library.

Four hours later, I'd finished the book. Emily Koll remains one of my favourite first person narrators. And the ambiguity! Oh, the ambiguity! I love books that leave things a little ambiguous. They always keep me thinking long after I've finished reading. Heart Shaped Bruise tie up every loose end barring one. And that one will drive you insane.

10. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany

What? It was light, fun, and fast-paced.

What's the last book you read in a day? And don't forget to link me to your TTT posts!

(Apologies for the lack of images - they kept messing up the formatting.)