Sunday, 30 April 2017

The Reading Habits Tag

...This appears to be the only resolution I'm keeping.
The Reading Habits tag was originally created by The Book Jazz.

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

When I'm at home, I like to read stretched out on the sofa. I also tend to read on the bus. Up here at uni, I don't really have a specific place. I read curled up on my bed. I read in the second floor common room of the English building that nobody else seems to realise exists. I read in the library. I read at the back of lecture halls. I read anywhere and everywhere that I can because my reading list is taller than most mountains and I'm scared it'll fall and crush me.

Where do you like to read?

Any spot the sun is shining on.

(You do realise that that makes you a cat?)

You do realise that that is one of the greatest compliments you could give me?

(...)

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Folding the corner over. Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/certain amount of pages?

Must. Finish. Chapter.

Do you eat or drink while reading?

That depends. Is there chocolate?

(She used to eat whilst she ate her tea, but then she read Blasted and almost lost her tea.)

Music or TV while reading?

Eh. If the book's good, I'll tune it out. If the book's not, I'll get distracted.

One book at a time or several at once?

I can read several books at once, but there's something satisfying about spending the day with just the one and finishing it in one sitting.

Reading at home or everywhere?

Everywhere. I would read on Neptune.

(You would die on Neptune.)

Not the point.
  
Reading aloud or silently in your head?
  
In my head, but, if the coursebook is particuarly bad, reading aloud can help me concentrate.

Do you read ahead or skip pages? 

...I have been known to read ahead at times, but I always come back to where I was.

(Not the point.)

Oh, shut up!  

Break the spine or keep it like new?

SNAP!

Do you write in your books?

Do I look like an animal?

(You fold corners and snap spines.)

Not. The. Point.


Who do you tag?

I don't really have anyone to tag.

(Not the -)

Jesus! Did you ever meet a joke you didn't run into the ground?

As I was saying, I've seen this on several of the blogs that I follow already, and I don't want to be a pain and tag anyone who's already done it. Still, you're welcome to steal it if you want.

Where do you like to read?